Category: Reference And Education
Learning a news language is like learning a new culture, tradition, people, values and beauty of another country. Language reflects the soul of a nation. Hence, being able to learn a foreign language is such a new paradigm where new great things and opportunities will be unfold for you. One of the languages that most of the people would like to learn the most is Spanish. Spanish is a global language and is considered as the world’s second most spoken native language after Mandarin Chinese. Today, Spanish has hundreds of million speakers in the Americas and Spain.
One of the effective ways to learn Spanish or any other language that you prefer is through listening. Listening is an important factor in language learning. Some studies show that when people communicate, we spend around 40-50 percent of our time listening, and only 25-30 percent in speaking. This means that we do spend almost of about half of the time listening when we communicate. That said, for an individual to effectively and comfortably learn Spanish, he or she must be able to further his or her Spanish listening. How? Through the help of listening audio resources, learners can easily have a grip of the Spanish language, will be able to expand their vocabulary and understand the message of the Spanish speaker in an accurate manner. Here are some of the Spanish audio resources you can use and listen to in order to further your speaking skills of the Spanish language.
Conferencias Universitarias or University Lectures
Learning the Spanish language should not be boring and plain. But it should also be a platform for you to learn something academic in nature. Thus, university lectures can be a good start for you to enhance your listening skills in Spanish. These lectures can provide you a wide array of options from art, history, graphic design to accounting and many more. The good side of it is that you can choose a subject or a topic that best fits your interest so you will not get bored and tired of listening to it. You can also opt to do translation from Spanish to English if you want to clearly understand the lecture and you’ll have an idea on how these lectures differ from English language.
Some of the best university lectures you can find online are FundacionMapfre and Universidad A Distancia Madrid. The first one is an amazoing web resource with compilation of different lectures that talk about more than 50 topics in Spanish such as economics, history, psychology, politics and so on. You just have to choose that best catches your interest and attention and you’re all set up. The latter lectures, Universidad A Distancia Madrid is an online site that has more than 14 categories from accounting to criminology to humanities and so on. If you are a university student, this site is best for you if learning Spanish language is your current goal. Again, just choose your best choice of interest and you’re ready to go!
Every country has its own online website news that cover several categories and topics. The good news is, these news sites have also their own podcast services. You just have to access and download them from the Internet. Here, you will not just be able to further your listening skills in Spanish but you will also be aware of the current and latest events globally. Some of the podcast news you can access and download are Diario de las 2 Podcast, RadioNacional Peru and RadioNacional Argentina.
Again, learning Spanish should never be plain. It should be interesting, fun and exciting. Thus, One of the interesting audio resources in Spanish listening is the formal speeches of famous heroes and noble individuals in Spain. Formal speeches may be somehow more difficult to understand because they’re long and touch on many categories. Also they use some jargons and uncommon Spanish words. However, through repeated and continuous listening, you’ll be able to learn them gradually. Some of these formal speeches are; Hugo Chavez at the UN, President Mariano Rajoy at the UN, and President Rafael Correa at the 2015 Summit of the Americas.
Education is one of those things that all people should need to get, yet sometimes harder to acquire. Of course, there are a lot of factors that can hinder us from pursuing our education. One of the most common factors is the cost; what I’m referring here is a college education. Around the world, almost a good chunk of the entire population cannot bring themselves into college due to the cost of it. Although there are a lot of public colleges that offer a much cheaper education, the other expenses, like the cost for the fair or food, is a bit expensive.
That is why nowadays, there are a lot of online courses that can provide you excellent education in the comfort of your home. Thus, this is great especially for people who live far away from these universities that were going there can sometimes cost them a fortune. For the past decades, the boom of online education significantly increased due to the accessibility of the internet. There are also some cases which prove that online learning outperforms its traditional on-the-ground counterparts. Of course, this depends on the kind of course, and since it gradually increases in popularity every year, this surely will benefit us all.
Online Education: New Version Of Learning
Yep, online education may be a reasonably new version of learning, yer more and more students enroll in these courses every year. Online education, compared to the traditional version of knowledge, is a way to learn the classes you want remotely. Teachers and students do not meet personally, yet they exchange information like how traditional teachers and students do. Of course, the same subject and curriculum are provided, yet the only difference is the distance between teachers and students.
Surely, innovations today have made this possible. Thus, this allows people to have a degree despite the hurdles of traditional education. Nowadays, this form of training is widely accepted worldwide. Most employers wouldn’t have any doubts if the student got his degree through this. Also, it is highly regarded since some of these courses offered are seldom provided in universities. These said courses are usually specialized courses that are in-demand in newer industries today. Thus, this makes it a necessary medium to learn this course.
Online Education Categories
There are two major categories of online education; these are:
- Synchronous online classes – This category allows students and instructors to be online together in real time. Teachers and students meet at a pre-determined time online to conduct their lectures, presentations, and discussions. Thus, this is an excellent way of online education since students can interact with their instructors in real time. Also, this is more akin to the traditional way of learning, yet online.
- Asynchronous online classes – This is the direct opposite of synchronous online courses. All the necessary materials and activities are already made, and the student can take the lesson anytime they want. And this offers flexibility to the students and instructors since they don’t need to meet at any specific time. The student can open up pre-made lessons and materials. Albeit students still look for that interactivity and connection to their instructors real time, this is one way to relay the lesson to then anytime, anywhere accurately.
Both categories are usually provided to the students, and most of the time these categories work together. In this way, students can fully absorb the lesson while still having that flexibility in case they cannot log in to the actual lesson time.
Positive Aspects of Online Education
Online education provides a lot of benefits to both students and instructors, such as:
Schedules are flexible – Online training does not require students to be online and attend classes all the time. Students can log in anytime they want to gain access to pre-made lessons. Also, instructors can have a flexible time too since they can make their lessons and activities beforehand. Thus, this enables both instructors and students to keep up with their other responsibilities in life.
- It is more accessible today than ever before – A lot of schools now offers online educational programs. And this is great for students who have a job while wanting to pursue their course.
- 24/7 access – Since most lessons are pre-made, students can access these anytime they want, an added plus to flexibility of the schedule.
- No need to travel – Internet connection is all you need to access these courses, no travel fees required.
- Learn at your own pace – Yep, there are some times that student is not on the mood to learn. With this, they can open the lesson when they are motivated, and also learn the lesson not in a rushed manner.
Negative Aspects of Online Education
Of course, there will always be a yin for every yang. Online education has its downsides too, like:
- Being with “classmates” – Online learning does not enable students to interact with their fellow student. This aspect is, especially when absorbing the lesson fully.
- Limited interaction between instructors and students – Students cannot just interact with their instructors all the time. Sometimes if they have questions, it may take a while to get their answers from their instructors.
- Technology can sometimes become unpredictable – Yep, if your laptop, mobile phone or something broke, then you don’t have access to it. Also, the internet connection is needed to avail of this.
- Accreditation – Some schools do not acknowledge online schools as a proper form of education. Thus, this, in turn, makes it harder to transfer credits on these said universities.
Just like all things, online education has its ups and downs. For people who search for a good funding company to help them pursue their chosen career, may it be the online or traditional way, you can check out http://www.cbj.ca/heritage_education_funds/. They can surely help you in whatever courses you want to pursue.
Online education gets more accepted as years goes by. And this is because it can be accessible to all. It is just a matter of time before most people will take this as a genuine and legitimate form of education.