Category: Smart Living
The Kindle was all the rage but the important word here is was. After the Kindle came out literally hundreds of other ebook readers have come out. In fact even before the ebook readers cheap Chinese mp3 and mp4 players had ebook readers that were limited to one simple old ebook format so the Kindle only popularized the ebook reader. Now the newest version of the Kindle is out the Free 3G + Wi-Fi version and the consumer that knew to wait for a little while to buy a Kindle is probably asking if now is the time to make that Kindle purchase. If you are wondering whether or not you should buy the newest Kindle then you will want to read on.
The Kindle was pretty cool but it had some issues and the latest generation has come around to fix some of the problems with the older versions of the Kindle. The newest Kindle does a great job of fixing some problems with the older versions. A new experimental web browser has been included but it is likely that if Kindle makes it one more update this browser will be updated and be better. You an now use a dictionary, highlight, and even make notes. The pages turn faster. You have free 3G plus there is also built in Wi-Fi which if anything is overkill. You get double the storage and longer lasting battery even though it is even lighter then before. It has the best contrast of any ebook reader with improved back lighting to eliminate glare.
All in all these new features make the newest Kindle better then ever. Because of the competition from other ebook readers the price has been dropped to only $189. Now would seem like a great time to get the latest version of the Kindle but is it really the best time to get a new Kindle?
I am not sure the Kindle is going to last. Everything is getting put onto one machine now, our cameras, GPS, and phones are all on one device. All it takes is a simple app to read ebooks and the Kindle is obsolete. Not only are smart phones competition but a bigger threat comes from the iPad and other similar devices that are coming out because of their larger size which is similar to the Kindle, and they offer much more then a Kindle offers. Also, some people think that smartphones will overcome kindle in the future especially now that best wifi booster is being more developed.
While in the past I thought you should wait for the price to come down I now think you should wait to get something that will do more. If you cant wait and you want an ebook reader then you might want to go ahead and buy the new Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi. If you are willing to wait and want something more then just a ebook reader then get something else because the Kindle may become obsolete soon.
Alexa is the virtual assistant program of Amazon Echo. But aside from its familiar female voice and common basic commands, there are still many things you must know about Alexa to optimize its use. For example, you may ask what exactly is Alexa, or how the Echo with Alexa Helps Seniors and other people today. It’s wise to learn about its functions and benefits as well.
What is Alexa, to Begin with?
For starters, Alexa is the official name for Amazon’s digital assistant. Think of having Siri to Apple and Cortana to Windows. It allows users to interact by giving commands, making Alexa respond in words or in actions depending on which is needed.
Say, when you ask Alexa about weather updates, it will inform you the current weather condition of your local area. It’s also capable of doing things such as switching lights on or off, play music tracks you specify, setting alarm and make calls to certain people.
How Alexa works
To enjoy the functions of Alexa, you must first have Amazon platforms which accommodate the digital assistant. This includes Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot and Amazon Echo Show; although, it’s common to find Alexa on third party products or brands as well. Think of the LG InstaView refrigerator, Ecobee Switch+ and Fire TV among other products.
Now, you need to properly install the platform and be sure it’s equipped with microphones and speakers. These are essential communication tools which makes talking with Alexa possible. When you want to make a command, you simply need to wake the digital assistant by saying “Alexa”. This is to avoid accidentally activate the program while you’re casually speaking.
But if somebody named Alexa lives with you, it’s possible to change the waking command of the digital assistant. You can change it to Echo, Amazon or Computer among other keywords.
After receiving your command, Alexa will respond through the speakers. Or, it will automatically do your order. That’s without you moving a finger, or needing to find a screen to use.
How Alexa helps many Households today
Alexa have been doing wonders to homes worldwide. And that’s by serving certain purposes, such as:
- It allows interaction between smart devices in your home. |So, you can switch the lights on or off, control temperature, play music or movies, as well as see what your security cameras capture among other feats. Be sure, however, that you have some smart devices at home which Alexa can control.
- Alexa can serve as your personal assistant in some ways as well. Think of telling her you’re waking up time, so she can wake you up accurately. She can also keep tab of essential reminders, such as meetings on certain dates, payment due dates, as well as medication schedule and dosage among other reminders.
- Considering that Alexa is connected to the web, it’s easy for her to function as a source of information too. This includes asking her about mundane things, or make her say descriptions of certain topics. She’s capable of telling news reports, traffic condition and weather updates too.
- Communication is another remarkable thing Alexa can do. She can make calls or send text messages for you, as long as you’d properly specify the other person on the line. She can also do it on emergency cases, such as when you need to call the fire department or 911.
- Of course, entertainment skills of Alexa is quite clever as well. Yes, she can play videos, movies and audio track you specify. Other than that, she can tell jokes and riddles too, keeping your mind active throughout the day.
The Value of Alexa in Households
With all its capabilities, Alexa is certainly valuable for any households. It offers huge convenience and efficiency in many ways. It meets particular purposes as well, such as helping you take care of an elderly loved one. Think of using its reminder feature for keeping track of a senior’s medication, for example.
As a bonus, Alexa helps in boosting the value of your property as well. That’s certainly helpful if you plan to sell your home later on. So, have Alexa installed in your home, and begin enjoying the benefits it offers!