My Breast Augmentation Procedure


Written by:

Well, I was nervous up until the very end. I was afraid of going under. I think that is the part that scared me the most. The procedure did not take very long. I was under for one hour and then just over an hour and a half in the recovery room.
I was very sleepy and felt disoriented. My vision was blurry and I felt a bit nauseated when I woke up. Stubborn as I usually am I tried to get up and walk around right away. I am not a feeble person; I try to get myself going and pick up to the usual right away. The nurse had to instruct that I take a seat and relax.

Breast augmentation is performed to increase the size and fullness of the breasts.

My mother and sister were waiting for me in the waiting room. I had a long drive home ahead of me. When I began to become more aware of my surroundings, the nurse sat me in a wheel chair and pushed me out to my car where my mother was waiting to take me home.

On my way home I unbuttoned my night gown to see my results. I must admit I was a bit disappointed. They were not as big as I had wanted them to be. I know they can be stretched bigger as I had breast fed and they were a large D size before for several months. What my result turned out to be was a C cup. Frustrated and disappointed and tried to relax on the way home.

These past five days of recovery have not been that bad. The pain medication made me feel better and I was able to cope for a few days. I was quick to notice when the pain medication wore off throughout the day. My breasts felt as they did when I was engorged with milk and when I worked out my chest muscles. The incision area at the bottom of my breasts hurt to the touch. I had nipple sensation, but areas of my breasts were numb. I frequently placed ice packs on my breasts to keep the swelling down and ease the pain. As my feeling came back I could start to feel the cold from the ice packs.

I am out of pain medicine now and wish that I had maybe enough for two days more as the pain is hard to deal with. I have tried the Tylenol and Motrin but they do not seem to work. I just tough the pain out the best I can. Most of the swelling has gone. I am left now with the results. I am contemplating on what I should do. Whether I am happy with the size or not. I am confused as to why even after the pictures I had given my doctor he still gave me a smaller size than we discussed. I am sure as I will have to pay for another surgery if I want it fixed.

Lesson learned, be sure you make sure your doctor understands the size you want to be. You may be disappointed in the end after spending thousands of dollars, missing work and pain from recovery.

Comments are closed.