Let’s face it, watching video on the Internet is a lot more fun and engaging than simply reading the text, right? I always tell people to look at their computer monitor the same way you do your television. You don’t “read” your television, do you? No, you “watch” it. I mean, who turns on their TV to read? I surely don’t and I’m guessing you don’t, either. So, if your customers look at their computer monitor as a television and you “watch” television, it would only stand to reason that you would want to incorporate online video advertising as part of your overall integrated marketing strategy… especially when you look at the latest numbers from comScore and online video viewership.
The numbers, just from the month of July 2011 alone, are staggering…
Overall Online Video By The Numbers – July 2011
- 86 percent of the U.S. Internet audience viewed online video.
- Each user watched an average of 18.5 hours of online video
- The total U.S. Internet audience engaged in a record of 6.9 billion viewing sessions.
In terms of where people watched the most online videos overall, Google Sites with YouTube leading the way ranked as the top online video content property.
Overall Online Video Advertising By The Numbers – July 2011
- Americans viewed more than 5.3 billion video ads
- Time spent watching video ads totaled more than 2.4 billion minutes
- Video ads reached 49 percent of the total U.S. population an average of 35.9 times during the month
Of the 5.3 billion online video ads Americans viewed in July, Hulu accounted for the highest number of online video ad impressions…
So, what are you, as a marketer or advertiser doing to take maximum advantage of the obvious opportunities online video advertising offers?
You know these numbers are only going to go up, right? You know more and more people are going to watch online videos so why not, if you haven’t already, factor in online video advertising into your overall integrated marketing strategy?